Business transformation with a visitor funnel
How can businesses enhance net contribution? That’s a difficult question for any business to answer effectively.
Arup Nanda explains how combining multiple data elements, businesses, and systems and charting visitor drop-offs, along with A/B testing—using Cloudera, Airflow, and machine learning with regression and classification models—has allowed Priceline to redefine its business, change product design, and offer incentives to customers.
- How Priceline used the Cloudera platform to consolidat data
- How Priceline created its own tool on Airflow to engineer the data movement and transformation
- How Priceline moved A/B testing data to the cloud
- How Priceline moved machine data to a data lake using Kafka
- How Priceline created visualizations and analyses using Tableau
- How Priceline developed machine learning models to predict the interaction of all three components to create an early-warning process
- How Priceline transformed its business by deeply analyzing where visitors fall off the funnel—and the contributing factors
Arup Nanda is the managing director of ML, AI, and data platform at Capital One. He’s an Oracle ACE director and has been working in the Oracle technologies field for 25 years, spanning all aspects of data management from modeling to performance tuning and data science. He’s written six books and more than 700 articles and presented more than 500 sessions in conferences in 25 countries. He blogs at arup.blogspot.com.
Comments on this page are now closed.
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires