Who is this presentation for?
- Developers, app ops and DevOps practitioners, and architects
Michael Hausenblas uses tools from https://www.weave.works/technologies/gitops.
- Overview and motivation (what is GitOps, why is it relevant, for whom is it useful)
- Immutability and declarative control loops
- An example GitOps pipeline in action
- Challenges and limitations
- A basic understanding of Git and CI/CD pipelines and Kubernetes
Materials or downloads needed in advance
- Attendees should have a GitHub account set up before coming on-site to the tutorial.
What you'll learn
- Learn what GitOps is, what the benefits and limitations are, and how you can get started with it
Michael Hausenblas is a developer advocate at AWS, part of the container service team, focusing on container security. Michael shares his experience around cloud native infrastructure and apps through demos, blog posts, books, and public speaking engagements as well as contributes to open source software. Previously, was at Red Hat, Mesosphere, MapR, and in two research institutions in Ireland and Austria.
Premier Diamond Sponsor
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires