Evolving Auth0's architecture: From 0 to 2.5+ billion logins per month in 5 years
Who is this presentation for?
- Vice presidents, directors of engineering, CTOs, and senior, staff, and principal engineers
In recent years, we’ve seen the emergence of a new form of technology scale. Today’s emerging technologies—which rapidly grow to millions of users—don’t sell products or services. Instead they build a platform on which others can create value. However, these new platforms often fail because the design and growth strategies involved in building them are complex, resource intensive, and expensive to scale. Despite this massive challenge, many companies in the identity and access management (IAM) and customer identity and access management (CIAM) space are still building their own IDaaS platform internally—and oftentimes failing to achieve their goals.
Damian Schenkelman dives into the complexities, resources, and scalability challenges Auth0 has faced in creating an IDaaS platform that securely manages more than 2.5 billion logins per month. You’ll explore specific scenarios including scaling password hashing, user search, and designing across multiple cloud regions, among others.
- A basic understanding of cloud computing, CI/CD, and rate limiting
- General knowledge of databases
What you'll learn
- Discover that even if your company and product are successful, you might not get the architecture right
- Understand why you should adapt your architecture and systems to the ever-growing demands over time, balancing business needs with architectural soundness
Damian Schenkelman is a principal engineer at Auth0, where he focuses on making its architecture reliable and scalable. He loves to solve hard problems of any type, especially those related to making software and teams scale. Previously, Damian spent many years at Microsoft on Azure, media and patterns, and practices-related initiatives. He spends his spare time with family and friends, exercising, and catching up on all things NBA.
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires