By the end of this 2-day training, you’ll understand:
And you’ll be able to:
With this hands-on training from expert web development trainer and consultant Yakov Fain, you will learn best practices for building end-to-end applications with the latest version of the Angular. You’ll learn to make the most of this popular framework. Along the way you’ll also get familiarized with a TypeScript development environment to make the most of the new features of the framework.
This course is not just a lecture, but will include plenty of demos and hands-on activities to get you and your future-ready team fully immersed in all of what Angular has to offer.
First steps with Angular
- Introduction to Angular architecture
- Brief introduction to TypeScript
- Generating a new project with Angular CLI
- Templates and bindings
- An overview of a sample Online Auction app
Client-side navigation and intercomponent communications
- Configuring client-side navigation with the router
- Guarding routes and lazy loading
- Intercomponent communications
- Implementing the mediator pattern
- Dependency injection
- Providers and injectors
Introduction to Angular Material
- Creating modern-looking UI with Angular Material components
- Code review of the Online Auction (hands-on)
Reactive programming and observable streams
- RxJS basics
- Reactive programming in Angular
Working with forms and the component life-cycle
- Basic forms with ngModel
- Template-driven forms
- Reactive forms
- Form validation
Change detection and component lifecycle
- The component life-cycle and hooks
- How change detection works
Communicating with a server via the HTTP
- Creating a simple HTTP server with the Node.js and Express frameworks
- Working with the HttpClient service
- Deploying Angular apps in web servers
- Building, and deploying the Online Auction (hands-on)
Yakov Fain is the co-author of Angular 2 Development with TypeScript (1st and 2nd editions) as well as Enterprise Web Development. Yakov works at the IT consultancy Farata Systems and develops web apps for various clients. A Java Champion, he has taught multiple classes and workshops on web and Java-related technologies, presented at international conferences, and published more than a thousand blog posts.
Get the Platinum pass or the Training pass to add this course to your package. Best Price ends March 30.
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
©2018, O'Reilly Media, Inc. • (800) 889-8969 or (707) 827-7019 • Monday-Friday 7:30am-5pm PT • All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on oreilly.com are the property of their respective owners. • firstname.lastname@example.org