A complete introduction to React
Monday, June 11 & Tuesday, June 12, 9:00am - 5:00pm
What you'll learn, and how you can apply it
By the end of this two-day training, you’ll understand:
- How to bootstrap a new app and get React working for you
- The complete lifecycle of a React component
- Battle-won React best practices as a result of having React code in production
And you’ll be able to:
- Build complete React components, including a little app
- Manage application state with Redux
- Use the tooling around React, including Babel, ESLint, Yarn, Jest, webpack, and React Router 4, and the developer tools for React and Redux
This training is for you because...
Hardware and/or installation requirements:
- A laptop with Node.js version 6 or above; the instructor will be using the latest version of 7.
- Make sure you can "npm install" / "yarn" from the public npm repository.
- Please clone the course GitHub repository to your computer.
- Introduction and setup
- My first React components
- Props in React
- Standard/ESLint, yarn, and npm scripts
- Babel and webpack 2
- React Router 4
- State in React
- Testing in React with Jest and Enzyme
- Marshaling data in React
- JSX (6)
- React DevTools Redux
- Redux DevTools
- Testing Redux
- Universal rendering
- Lifecycle methods and async/AJAX within React
- webpack chunking and async routing
About your instructors
Patrick Higgins is a UI engineer at Gremlin, where he helps developers unleash the power of controlled chaos. He is passionate about finding effective ways to make UIs resilient to failure. He fills his weekends with playing soccer, reading nonfiction, and assisting with civic causes that he cares about.
Get the Platinum pass or the Training pass to add this course to your package.