This talk is designed for people who are curious about using TypeScript in either Node.js or web environments, but have limited knowledge of TypeScript. If you understand the basics of the language, but confused on how to integrate this into larger project, this talk is for you!
This talk has the following sections:
- “What is TypeScript?” A high-level introduction to the core concepts in TypeScript
- “TypeScript Benefits” An explanation of how the core features in TypeScript helps developer productivity (e.g. refactoring becomes a lot easier)
- “Understanding the Type System” A slightly deeper dive into TypeScript’s static type system, which is its key feature
- “Build Workflows” Step by step instructions on integrating TypeScript into a typical Node.js workflow for server-side development, and integrating into Webpack for client-side development.
- “Non-TypeScript Modules” An explanation of how to integrate external code (e.g. npm modules) into a TypeScript application.
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
©2018, O'Reilly Media, Inc. • (800) 889-8969 or (707) 827-7019 • Monday-Friday 7:30am-5pm PT • All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on oreilly.com are the property of their respective owners. • email@example.com