Don't let your delivery pipelines become your next legacy code
Who is this presentation for?
- DevOps leads and automation developers
Engineers are building more and more deployment and automation code. Often this code is built ad hoc and spread across a number of tools and servers. The typical automation pipeline uses at least seven different tools. If you’re not careful, your delivery and operations automation will become your next big piece of legacy code.
Alois Reitbauer explains the key principles around which modern cloud native pipelines should be structured, including build small micropipelines that interact with each other, define an event-driven workflow rather than direct API-to-API integration, everything should be done following a GitOps and declarative-first approach, and a clear separation of the what (northbound logic) from the how (southbound implementation).
Alois outlines how to use the Keptn (keptn.sh) open source framework to easily build declarative pipelines from scratch in minutes and shows you how to build maintainable and extensible delivery and operations automation.
- Experience with continuous delivery tools and best practices (blue/green deployments, etc.)
- A basic understanding of Kubernetes and service meshes
- Familiarity with knative (useful but not required)
What you'll learn
- Learn why you should apply the same principles to your automation code that you also apply to your applications, such as building modular microdeployments, using declarative approaches, and decoupling implementation details from processes so you can exchange components
- Discover how to use Keptn (keptn.sh) and open source framework to build declarative delivery and operations with exchangeable tool stacks
Alois Reitbauer is a chief technology strategist at Dynatrace. Alois is fanatic about monitoring, DevOps, and application performance and has spent most of his professional career building monitoring tools and speeding up applications. He’s a regular conference speaker, blogger, book author, and sushi maniac.
Premier Diamond Sponsor
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires