Building a serverless big data application on AWS
What you'll learn, and how you can apply it
- Understand serverless concepts and best practices for designing serverless analytic applications
- Explore design patterns for ingesting, collecting, storing, analyzing, and visualizing big data
- Learn how to build a serverless data pipeline using technologies such as Amazon S3, Amazon Athena, Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, and Amazon QuickSight
Who is this presentation for?
- You're a big data architect.
- You're a data analytics professional.
- You're a data scientist.
- A basic understanding of Amazon Web Services concepts
- Experience using AWS tools (useful but not required)
Hardware and/or installation requirements:
- A laptop
- Intro to big data on AWS
- Serverless concepts and design patterns
- Data collection and storage, including streaming data
- Preparing your data for analytics: Data transformations and ETL patterns
- Querying your data
- Visualizing data
About your instructor
Jorge A. Lopez works in big data solutions at Amazon Web Services. Jorge has more than 15 years of business intelligence and DI experience. He enjoys intelligent design and engaging storytelling and is passionate about data, music, and nature.
Get the Platinum pass or the Training pass to add this course to your package. .
Leave a Comment or Question
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
View a complete list of Strata Data Conference contacts