Machine learning from scratch in TensorFlow
What you'll learn, and how you can apply it
- Understand machine learning, neural networks, deep learning, and artificial intelligence basic concepts
- Learn what TensorFlow is and what applications it's good for
- Create deep learning models for classification and regression using TensorFlow
- Evaluate the benefits and disadvantages of using TensorFlow over other machine learning software
Who is this presentation for?
- You're a software engineer or programmer who wants to develop a basic understanding of machine learning.
- You have experience modeling or have a background in data science, and you want to learn TensorFlow.
- A working knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with matrices, modeling, and statistics
- No experience with TensorFlow required
Hardware and/or installation requirements:
- A WiFi-enabled machine (You'll be provisioned a cloud instance with TensorFlow.)
The TensorFlow library provides for the use of computational graphs, with automatic parallelization across resources. This architecture is ideal for implementing neural networks. Dylan Bargteil offers an overview of TensorFlow’s capabilities in Python, demonstrating how to build machine learning algorithms piece by piece and how to use TensorFlow’s Keras API with several hands-on applications.
- Introduction to TensorFlow
- Iterative algorithms
- Machine learning
- Basic neural networks
- Deep neural networks
- Variational autoencoders
- Convolutional neural networks
- Adversarial noise
- Recurrent neural networks
About your instructor
Dylan Bargteil is a data scientist in residence at the Data Incubator, where he works on research-guided curriculum development and instruction. Previously, he worked with deep learning models to assist surgical robots and was a research and teaching assistant at the University of Maryland, where he developed a new introductory physics curriculum and pedagogy in partnership with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI). Dylan studied physics and math at the University of Maryland and holds a PhD in physics from New York University.
Get the Platinum pass or the Training pass to add this course to your package. Best Price ends June 28
Leave a Comment or Question
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
View a complete list of Strata Data Conference contacts