Business Transformation with Visitor Funnel on Cloudera
Who is this presentation for?Data Architects, Executives
How can we enhance the net contribution? That’s a question for any business to answer effectively. Priceline did too. We will explain how:
1) We used Cloudera platform to consolidate the data
2) We created our own tool on Airflow to engineer the data movement and transformation
3) We moves the A/B testing data to the cloud
4) We moved the machine data to the data lake using Kafka
5) We created the visualization and analysis using Tableau
6) We developed machine learning models to predict the interaction of all three components to create an early warning process
And finally, we will explain how it transformed the business by deeply analyzing where the visitors falls of the funnel and the factors contributing to that.
Prerequisite knowledgeBasic understanding of databases, analytical platforms
What you'll learn
Arup Nanda has been working in the Oracle technologies field for 25 years, spanning all aspects of data management: from modeling to performance tuning and data science. He is head of data at Priceline, in greater New York area. He has written 6 books, more than 700 articles and presented 500+ sessions in conferences in 25 countries. He blogs at arup.blogspot.com and is an Oracle ACE Director.
Leave a Comment or Question
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
View a complete list of Strata Data Conference contacts