SOLD OUT: Building a serverless big data application on AWS
What you'll learn, and how you can apply it
- Understand serverless concepts and best practices for designing serverless analytic applications
- Explore design patterns for ingesting, collecting, storing, analyzing, and visualizing big data
- Learn how to build a serverless data pipeline using technologies such as Amazon S3, Amazon Athena, Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, and Amazon QuickSight
Who is this presentation for?
- You're a big data architect.
- You're a data analytics professional.
- You're a data scientist.
- A basic understanding of Amazon Web Services concepts
- Experience using AWS tools (useful but not required)
Hardware and/or installation requirements:
- A laptop
- Intro to big data on AWS
- Serverless concepts and design patterns
- Data collection and storage, including streaming data
- Preparing your data for analytics: Data transformations and ETL patterns
- Querying your data
- Visualizing data
About your instructors
Jorge A. Lopez works in big data solutions at Amazon Web Services. Jorge has more than 15 years of business intelligence and DI experience. He enjoys intelligent design and engaging storytelling and is passionate about data, music, and nature.
Radhika Ravirala is a solutions architect at Amazon Web Services, where she helps customers craft
distributed big data applications on the AWS platform. Previously, she was a software engineer and designer for technology companies in Silicon Valley. She holds an MS in computer science from San Jose State University.
Nikki Rouda is a principal product marketing manager at Amazon Web Services (AWS). Nikki has decades of experience leading enterprise big data, analytics, and data center infrastructure initiatives. Previously, he held senior positions at Cloudera, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG), Riverbed, NetApp, Veritas, and UK-based Alertme.com (an early consumer IoT startup). Nikki holds an MBA from Cambridge’s Judge Business School and an ScB in geophysics from Brown University.
Principal Developer Advocate for Streaming Services with AWS.
Get the Platinum pass or the Training pass to add this course to your package.
Comments on this page are now closed.
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires