Apache Flink developer training
Sunday, March 15—Monday, March 16
What you'll learn, and how you can apply it
- Understand that stream processing isn’t just for ETL
- Learn how Apache Flink can support applications requiring complex stateful business logic and does so in a way that feels natural
Who is this presentation for?
- A working knowledge of Java
Hardware and/or installation requirements:
- A laptop with at least 8GB of RAM and Docker installed
- Intro to Flink
- Foundations of the DataStream API
- Stateful stream processing
- Getting set up for Flink development (including exercise)
- Event time and watermarks
- Process functions, side outputs, and timers (including exercise)
- Testing (including exercise)
- The Flink runtime
- Fault tolerance (including exercise)
- The connector ecosystem
- Watermarking (part 2) (including exercise)
- Application patterns: Enrichment, joins, broadcast state
- Application evolution (including exercise)
About your instructors
David Anderson is a training coordinator at Ververica, the original creators of Apache Flink. He’s delivered training and consulting to many of the world’s leading banks, telecommunications providers, and retailers. Previously, he led the development of data-intensive applications for companies across Europe.
Seth Wiesman is a senior solutions architect at Ververica, consulting with clients to maximize the benefits of real-time data processing for their business. He supports customers in the areas of application design, system integration, and performance tuning.
Get the Platinum pass or the Training pass to add this course to your package. Early Price ends February 7.
Leave a Comment or Question
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
Premier Diamond Sponsors
Premier Exhibitor Plus
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires