Liferay Portal is a standards compliant Java framework that provides blogs, document management, message boards, and wikis, with a social network flavor. By customizing Liferay Portal, one can quickly and easily build collaborative enterprise social networks.
Specifically, I will demonstrate:
- The Liferay Social API and how it is used to wire collaborative social network sites like http://developer.cisco.com and http://www.miniunited.com.
- How to write a simple application for Liferay Portal that will automatically expose it to FaceBook and iGoogle.
- How Liferay Portal consumes applications from Facebook and iGoogle.
- How to write language agnostic applications for Liferay Portal in Java, Groovy, PHP, Python, and Ruby.
- How to wire the communication between language agnostic applications via server side interportlet communication.
Brian Chan, Chief Software Architect, began development on Liferay Portal in 2000 to provide nonprofit organizations with an open source solution to facilitate collaboration on the Internet. He has since steered Liferay to become a leader in innovative open source enterprise solutions. With a strong foundation in software architecture and economics, Brian has solidified open source as a low-cost,
high performance solution for the enterprise. His expertise in portal architecture and design has garnered him a seat on the JSR-286 portlet specification committee. Brian holds a dual B.S. degree in Economics and Computer Science from the University of Chicago. He has become a sought after speaker at major industry events such as JAX (Asia and Europe) and Community One.
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at the conference, contact Sharon Cordesse at email@example.com
Download the OSCON Sponsor/Exhibitor Prospectus
For media-related inquiries, contact Maureen Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay abreast of conference news and to receive email notification when registration opens, please sign up for the OSCON newsletter (login required)
View a complete list of OSCON contacts