Intermediate Python: The Python features you overlooked
What you'll learn, and how you can apply it
- Learn how to embrace often-overlooked Python philosophies, such as duck typing, lazy looping, avoiding in-place mutation, and using operator overloading to make "Pythonic" classes
Who is this presentation for?
- You're a software engineer.
- A working knowledge of Python's `if` statements, `for` loops, functions, various dictionary methods and uses of dictionaries, lists, tuples, tuple unpacking, list slicing, classes, and class inheritance
Hardware and/or installation requirements:
- A laptop with Python 3.7+ installed
- Intro and quick review: Tuple unpacking; asterisks; variables are pointers; everything is an object
- List comprehensions
- Generator expressions and next
- Generator functions, iterators, iterables
- Advanced OOP: Data classes; properties; operator overloading
About your instructor
Trey Hunner is a technical trainer at Python Morsels, a service for hands-on weekly Python learning, where he helps Python professionals level up their skills. Trey also helps software teams turn their turn professional developers into professional Python developers through on-site training with his company Truthful Technology. He specializes in helping Django teams turn their frontend developers into full stack Django developers.
Get a Training Pass to add this course to your package.
Leave a Comment or Question
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires