Hands-on fundamentals of software architecture
What you'll learn, and how you can apply it
- Understand the key parts of the architect role and components and partitioning
- Gain an overview of major architectural styles
- Learn how to automate architectural governance and document architecture decisions
Who is this presentation for?
- You're an architect or aspiring or "accidental" architect.
- Basic knowledge of software architecture and modern software development practices
Neal Ford focuses on the foundational material required for success as a modern software architecture. You’ll dive into the major design elements of the role and learn several soft skills such as communication.
- Software architecture defined
- Architecture characteristics
- Component-based thinking
- Architecture quantum
- Scope of architecture characteristics
- Exercise: Determine architecture quantum
- Automating architectural governance
- Architecture styles overview
- Event-driven architectures
- Orchestration-driven service-oriented architecture
- Space-based architecture
- Service-based architecture
- Choosing an architecture style
- Exercise: Choose an architecture
- Documenting architecture
- Exercise: Document communication styles
- Next steps
Note: This training will end at 4:30pm.
About your instructor
Neal Ford is a director, software architect, and meme wrangler at ThoughtWorks, a global IT consultancy that thinks disruptively to deliver technology to address the toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change. Neal focuses on designing and building large-scale enterprise applications. He’s an internationally recognized expert on software development and delivery, especially in the intersection of Agile engineering techniques and software architecture. Neal has authored magazine articles, seven books (and counting), and dozens of video presentations and has spoken at hundreds of developers conferences worldwide on the topics of software architecture, continuous delivery, functional programming, and cutting-edge software innovations. Check out his website at Nealford.com. He welcomes feedback and can be reached at email@example.com.
Get a Training Pass to add this course to your package.
Leave a Comment or Question
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires