Expo Hall Plus Pass: What's Included
The OSCON Expo Hall Plus pass includes a lot more than access to the Expo Hall. Not only do you get to meet, greet, and network with 4,000+ like minds, you also get access to all of this:
In addition to visiting 95+ exhibitors, you'll be able to test drive new tools, compare products, meet with nonprofit volunteers, say hello to speakers and authors, hang out in the lounge, and much more.
Free tutorial on Monday, July 20:
- Kubernetes Bootcamp: Get up to speed with Docker and Kubernetes - Are you into containers? Do you want to learn how to build applications using containers? We have something for you: Kubernetes Bootcamp. You will gain an end-to-end understanding of (Docker) containers and how to operate and orchestrate them at scale using Kubernetes. (Sponsored by Mesosphere)
Free tutorials on Tuesday, July 21:
- Open Cloud Day - A full day of talks covering the latest innovations in public and private clouds, IaaS, and PaaS platforms. (Sponsored by Booz Allen Hamilton, IBM, Intel and Red Hat)
- Build your first Internet of Things app today with open source - In less than half a day, this hands-on workshop will show you how to leverage open source software like Apache Geode, Spring XD, Docker, and Cloud Foundry/Lattice to quickly build a complete IoT solution. (Sponsored by Pivotal)
- Open Source email reboot! - Open messaging day - Come learn and contribute to modernizing Open Source Messaging. Meet technologists from FastMail, Cyrus IMAP, Atmail, MXTools, OpenIO & Spamhaus, who are "re-booting" email with smarter clients, hyper-scale storage grids, secured transport & high performance virtualization. (Sponsored by Netmail)
- Google Presents: Kubernetes 1.0 launch - Experience a first look into the future of container orchestration at the Kubernetes 1.0 Launch. Come and learn about the Kubernetes project, its future, and how real people are using Kubernetes for their applications.
- Apache Spark Tutorial, with deep-dives on SparkR and Data Sources API, plus Telco applications case studies - This tutorial provides a hands-on introduction to Apache Spark, with coding exercises for Spark apps showing Python, Scala, R, and SQL. We will review the Spark core API, how to build a pipeline with SQL + DataFrames, plus look through the broader Spark ecosystem: Tungsten, Streaming, MLlib, and GraphX. (Sponsored by Huawei)
- Hewlett-Packard OpenStack Tutorials - A full-day of OpenStack specifics from HP. In the morning session you'll get OpenStack basics - featuring HP Helion OpenStack. After lunch, it's a more in-depth dive with Developing and deploying cloud native apps on Cloud Foundry and OpenStack with HP Helion. See what you can do with HP Helion and OpenStack.
- Ignite OSCON - (Sponsored by Bluehost) If you had five minutes on stage what would you say? What if you only got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds?
- OSCON 5K Glow Run and After-Party - (Sponsored by IBM Cloudant, Microsoft and OpenStack) The OSCON 5k Glow Run/Walk and Finish Line Festival is back. This year expect more glow, a cool new venue, special effects, frothier foam dance floor, beer, and prizes.
- Expo Hall Opening Reception - Grab a drink and mingle with exhibitors and fellow attendees.
- OSCON Attendee Party - (Co-Sponsored by Aerospike and Wipro) We’ve always suspected our attendees possess super powers and the OSCOMIC attendee party is the perfect place to prove it.
- Puppet Labs Party - Come to Puppet Lab's OSCON “Open” House Party! Puppet Labs is excited to open their doors to all their OSCON and Puppet Labs Friends.
- Morning Yoga - Refresh your body, mind, and spirit on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.
- Booth Crawl - Where you can quench your thirst with vendor-hosted libations and snacks while you check out all the cool stuff in the expo hall.
- 5 Years of OpenStack - It’s time to celebrate! Be sure to join the OpenStack Foundation on Wednesday evening, July 22 for their birthday party.
- @Walmart Labs Tech Mixer - Join the Walmart eCommerce CTO and Engineering members for an evening full of free bites + brews, mingling and networking on Thursday, July 23rd, 6pm-8pm.
Other Great Stuff
- The hallway track - OSCON's hallways have been the birthplace of many ideas and collaborations. The hallway track, as we like to call it, is one of the best parts of OSCON.
- The Hack Zone - (sponsored by NeoTechnology) An area outside the Expo Hall (power and hardwires provided) for people to gather and hack on their latest projects.
- Bird of a Feather Sessions - Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions provide face-to-face exposure to those interested in the same projects and concepts.
- Community Leadership Summit - Happening the weekend before OSCON (July 18-19) at the Oregon Convention Center, where community leaders and managers explore the many avenues of building strong community
Get Your Expo Hall Plus Pass Now