THIS SESSION HAS REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS LISTED BELOW
Want to build an API service? It’s not as hard as you might think! In this presentation, Randall Degges, Stormpath Developer Evangelist will walk you through building an API service (from scratch) in 30 minutes flat.
Starting with an empty directory we will progress to a fully-functional, publicly-consumable service that can create and authenticate user accounts, bill users, and provide a simple but elegant UI.
He will cover:
- How to build and structure your base API project to make development simpler.
- How to easily create and authenticate new users.
- How to verify new users via email.
- How to bill users on a monthly basis.
- How to properly authorize API requests.
- How to log API requests for billing purposes.
- How to quickly build a simple (but elegant) UI.
- How do deploy your service live, and share it with the world.
SESSION REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATTENDEES
Basic node.js and web development knowledge is required.
Randall Degges is a Developer Evangelist at Stormpath and a prominent Pythonista.
Prior to joining Stormpath, he founded and built OpenCNAM, the largest Caller ID API service in North America. He has been actively involved in Open Source for more than 10 years, and has built a variety of projects used by thousands of developers. He has also authored a book on Heroku, and frequently writes on his personal site. When he’s not coding, he lifts weights and spends time with his chihuahua, Scribbles, and his wife, Samantha.
Comments on this page are now closed.
For exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, contact Sharon Cordesse at email@example.com
For information on trade opportunities with O'Reilly conferences, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For media-related inquiries, contact Maureen Jennings at email@example.com
View a complete list of Fluent contacts