TFX: Production ML pipelines with TensorFlow
Who is this presentation for?
- Data scientists, ML engineers, ML Ops practitioners, and ML management
Putting machine learning models into production is now mission critical for every business—no matter what size.
TensorFlow is the industry-leading platform for developing, modeling, and serving deep learning solutions. But putting together a complete pipeline for deploying and maintaining a production application of AI and deep learning is much more than training a model. Google has taken its years of experience in developing production ML pipelines and offered the open source community TensorFlow Extended (TFX), an open source version of the tools and libraries that it uses internally.
Robert Crowe and Pedram Pejman walk you through working code in an example pipeline so you can learn what’s involved in creating a production pipeline. You’ll be able take what you learn and get started on creating your own pipelines for your applications.
- Experience with machine learning, Python, and Linux
Materials or downloads needed in advance
- A laptop - Linux or MacOS (recommended) or Windows (optional)
- Git (or Git for Windows if using Windows, which includes Git Bash)
- Docker Desktop
- For Windows, please make sure that you can share your drive with Docker and open ports 445, 8080, 8888, and 6006.
- Min 3GB available disk space
- Min 8GB DRAM
- Before the workshop, please run: docker pull gcr.io/tfx-oss-public/tfx-workshop:latest
- Before the workshop, also please run: docker pull tensorflow/serving:nightly
What you'll learn
- Understand production ML pipelines, the components of TensorFlow Extended pipelines, and issues in ML production deployments
Robert Crowe is a data scientist and TensorFlow Developer Advocate at Google with a passion for helping developers quickly learn what they need to be productive. He’s used TensorFlow since the very early days and is excited about how it’s evolving quickly to become even better than it already is. Previously, Robert deployed production ML applications and led software engineering teams for large and small companies, always focusing on clean, elegant solutions to well-defined needs. In his spare time, Robert sails, surfs occasionally, and raises a family.
Pedram Pejman is a technical program manager on the TensorFlow Extended team at Google Brain, on a mission to create the best inference experience on TensorFlow. Previously, he managed some of Google Cloud’s internal efforts in the machine intelligence space while getting to work on distributed systems and Kubernetes. Aside from building infrastructure, he enjoys writing music, playing soccer, and scrolling through memes.
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires