Large-scale ML with MLflow, deep learning, and Apache Spark
9:00am - 5:00pm
What you'll learn, and how you can apply it
- Learn to build a neural network with Keras and distributed TensorFlow modesl with Horovod
- Understand how to explain the difference between various activation functions and optimizers
- Learn to track experiments with MLflow and apply models at scale with deep learning pipelines
This training is for you because...
- You're a practicing data scientist who is eager to get started with deep learning.
- You're a software engineer or technical manager interested in a thorough, hands-on overview of deep learning and its integration with Apache Spark.
- Experience with Python (NumPy and pandas) and data science
- A working knowledge of Spark DataFrames
Hardware and/or installation requirements:
- A WiFi-enabled laptop with the Chrome (preferred) or Firefox web browser installed
- Access to Databricks.com, Keras.io, and Spark.apache.org
Intro to neural networks with Keras I
- Neural network architecture
- Batch sizes and epochs
- Evaluation metrics
- Keras API
Intro to neural networks with Keras II
- Activation functions
- Data normalization
- Custom metrics
- Validation dataset
- Callbacks and checkpointing
- Experiment tracking
- Record which model and hyperparameters performed best
Convolutional neural networks
- Working with image data
- Max pooling versus average pooling
- ImageNet architectures
- Deep learning pipelines: Apply pretrained models in parallel
- Distributed Keras and TensorFlow model training
- All-reduce technique
- Combine Spark preprocessing with distributed neural network training
About your instructor
Amir Issaei is a data science consultant at Databricks, where he educates customers on how to leverage the company’s Unified Analytics Platform in machine learning (ML) projects. He also helps customers implement ML solutions and use advanced analytics to solve business problems. Previously, he worked in the Operations Research Department at American Airlines, where he supported the Customer Planning, Airport, and Customer Analytics Groups. He holds an MS in mathematics from the University of Waterloo and a BE in physics from the University of British Columbia.
Get the Platinum pass or the Training pass to add this course to your package. Best Price ends June 21.
Leave a Comment or Question
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
Diversity and Inclusion Sponsor
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
View a complete list of O'Reilly AI contacts