Using Keras to classify text with LSTMs and other ML techniques
Who is this presentation for?
- Machine learning engineers
Take a hands-on deep dive into building a sentiment classifier on text data starting with scikit-learn and Naive Bayes and continuously improving the model.
Lukas Biewald explains Keras and applies word embeddings and convolutional neural networks (CNNs), and you’ll build various types of LSTMs and GRUs. You’ll be given a Jupyter hub instance setup with a cloud GPU to follow along.
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with ML (not necessarily on text)
Materials or downloads needed in advance
- A WiFi-enabled laptop with the Chrome web browser installed
- Everything will be hosted on a Jupyter hub in a web browser to avoid installation problems. If you really want to configure things locally, install requirements.txt or follow the README.
What you'll learn
- Learn text handing with scikit-learn
- Understand how to build LSTMs and GRUs
- Get an introduction to Keras
Weights & Biases
Lukas Biewald is the founder and CEO of Weights & Biases, his second major contribution to advances in the machine learning field. In 2009, Lukas founded Figure Eight, formally CrowdFlower. Figure Eight was acquired by Appen in 2019. Lukas has dedicated his career to optimize ML workflows and teach ML practitioners, making machine learning more accessible to all.
Leave a Comment or Question
Help us make this conference the best it can be for you. Have questions you'd like this speaker to address? Suggestions for issues that deserve extra attention? Feedback that you'd like to share with the speaker and other attendees?
Join the conversation here (requires login)
Diversity and Inclusion Sponsor
Premier Exhibitor Plus
R & D and Innovation Track Sponsor
For conference registration information and customer service
For more information on community discounts and trade opportunities with O’Reilly conferences
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring a conference
For media/analyst press inquires