Our presentation reveals how we were able to quickly scale our Cars.com web site to handle the huge onrush of visitors driven by our Super Bowl XLVI advertising campaign. Watch the presentation to learn:
• How we sustained both an immediate 1800 percent spike* in page view traffic and a subsequent load that was 40 percent above our normal peak, all while maintaining business performance and customer satisfaction
• What compelled us to move from legacy tools to a new-generation APM system
• How we were able to make the leap from reactive to proactive, resolving issues before the business or customers complained
• What single monitoring solution we would keep if forced to choose
• How—rather than rushing around putting out production fires—the Cars.com team was able to watch the monitors and enjoy the big game!
*Source: Compuware APM
This session is sponsored by Compuware
Jim Houska, Enterprise Architect at Cars.com, has extensive experience in infrastructure architecture, operations, engineering, strategy, planning and comprehensive solution design for fortune 500 companies including JPMorgan Chase, Allstate and Discover.
Jim’s specialties include application performance management, advanced virtualization, unified computing, high availability and clustering, capacity planning and infrastructure architecture.
David Beran, Performance Engineer at Cars.com, has extensive experience in Web 2.0 application performance testing, analysis, tuning, optimization, development and architecture for highly scaled web applications. He also specializes in developing custom load management software for high throughput, real-time, highly available systems. Other specialties include virtualization, high availability, capacity planning and WebSphere applications.
In his free time, David likes music production, photography and cooking.
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at the conference, contact Gloria Lombardo at email@example.com
For media partnerships, contact mediapartners@ oreilly.com
For media-related inquiries, contact Maureen Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org
View a complete list of Velocity contacts