About Strata + Hadoop World
Why You Should Attend | Experience Strata + HW | Who You'll Meet | Kudos | Program Committee | Contact
Strata + Hadoop World is where cutting-edge science and new business fundamentals intersect—and merge. It’s a deep-immersion event where data scientists, analysts, and executives get up to speed on emerging techniques and technologies by dissecting case studies, developing new skills through in-depth tutorials, sharing emerging best practices in data science, and imagining the future.
Our speakers have a laser-sharp focus on the data issues that are shaping the business, finance, media, fashion, retail, and government worlds.
The data industry is growing fast, and Strata + Hadoop World has grown right along with it. We've added new sessions and tracks to reflect challenges that have emerged in the data field—including security, ubiquitous computing, collaboration, peer analytics, reproducibility, new interfaces, emerging architecture, building data teams, machine data—and much more.
Strata + Hadoop World is now the largest conference of its kind in the world, yet it’s kept the informal, collegial spirit that makes it one of the best places to connect and collaborate.
Why You Should Attend
Strata + Hadoop World in New York is where big data's most influential business decision makers, strategists, architects, developers, and analysts gather to shape the future of their businesses and technologies. If you want to tap into the opportunity that big data presents, you want to be there.
- Be among the first to understand how you can leverage the promise of this huge change, and survive the resulting disruption
- Find new ways to leverage your data assets across industries and disciplines
- Learn how to take big data from science project to real business application
- Discover training, hiring, and career opportunities for data professionals
- Meet-face-to face with other innovators and thought leaders
Experience Strata + Hadoop World
You'll get three full days of inspiring keynotes, intensely practical and information-rich sessions, and plenty of fun networking events.
- Nearly 200 sessions that explore the latest advances, case studies, and best practices
- Networking opportunities with thousands of other business leaders, data professionals, designers, and developers
- A vibrant "hallway track" for attendees, speakers, journalists, and vendors to debate and discuss important issues
- Fun evening events, receptions, and more, giving you more face time with attendees and speakers
Who You'll Meet at Strata + Hadoop World
Strata + Hadoop World attracts the best minds in data: data analysts, data scientists, business managers, developers, and others, including:
- VPs or directors of marketing, analytics, or data warehousing
- CIOs, CTOs, enterprise architects
- Business analysts and decision makers
- Data scientists
- Data engineers
- Developers and database professionals
- Product managers
- Researchers and academics
- Data-driven designers, journalists, and anthropologists
- VCs and investors
- Innovators and Entrepreneurs
Kudos for Strata + Hadoop World
What previous attendees have said:
“Strata Conference has great energy, expertise, and purpose. High caliber attendees and presenters make for a great learning experience alongside tons of new industry news.” - CIO, Onboard Informatics
“This is my first Hadoop World visit and I had exceptional experience to gear up our organizational road map strategy.” - Sairamakrishna Edara, Sr. IT Advisor, Healthcore
“Great Conference - excellent collection of the industry's best speakers and opportunities to meet and work with over 3000 colleagues with similar interests in Hadoop.” - David Burk
See more Kudos
“Great place to get the latest industry trends across many vendors and user experiences”
“Great learning opportunity, awesome place to network, absolutely worth the time and money.”
“Strata Conference has great energy, expertise, and purpose. High caliber attendees and presenters make for a great learning experience alongside tons of new industry news.”
“Hadoop World 2013 - I was there and felt the buzz! A big experience for big data!” - Ken Hutchinson, Presales SE manager, Hewlett-Packard
“This is the most exciting Hadoop conference of the year.” - Mike Ames, SAS Institute
“There is no better place today than Strata + Hadoop World to meet the people and products that will shape Hadoop tomorrow.” - William Honea, Director of Big Data, T-Systems
“Great conference! Must-attend to learn about emerging trends in big data.” - Director of Business Development, BlueData Software
is an entrepreneur with a background in web performance, analytics, cloud computing, and business strategy. In 2001, he co-founded Coradiant (acquired by BMC in 2011) and has since helped launch Rednod, CloudOps, Bitcurrent, Year One Labs, and several other early-stage companies. He works with startups on business acceleration, and advises a number of larger companies on innovation and technology.
A sought-after public speaker on data-driven innovation and the impact of technology on society, Alistair has founded and run a variety of conferences, including Cloud Connect, Bitnorth, and the International Startup Festival. He’s the chair for O’Reilly’s Strata + Hadoop World conference. He has written several books on technology and business, including the best-selling Lean Analytics.
Alistair tries to mitigate chronic ADD by writing about far too many things at Solve For Interesting.
is the director of market research at O'Reilly Media. Magoulas runs a team that is building an open source analysis infrastucture and provides analysis services, including technology trend analysis, to business decision-makers at O'Reilly and beyond. In previous incarnations, Magoulas designed and implemented data warehouse projects for organizations ranging from the San Francisco Opera to the Alberta Motor Club.
Program Development Director
is the Chief Data Scientist at O'Reilly Media, Inc. He has applied Business Intelligence, Data Mining, Machine Learning and Statistical Analysis in a variety of settings including Direct Marketing, Consumer and Market Research, Targeted Advertising, Text Mining, and Financial Engineering. His background includes stints with an investment management company, internet startups, and financial services.
- Michael Abbott Kleiner. Perkins Caufield & Byers
- David Andrzejewski. Sumo Logic
- Amr Awadallah, Cloudera, Inc.
- Carla Borsoi. iMATCHATIVE
- Farrah Bostic. The Difference Engine
- Christine Carpentier. Elite DW Consulting
- Eli Collins. Cloudera
- Alistair Croll. Solve For Interesting
- Beau Cronin, Salesforce
- Michael Dauber, Battery Ventures
- Margaret Dawson, RivalIQ
- Paul Dix, InfluxDB
- Jana Eggers, SureCruise
- John Foreman, MailChimp
- Margaret Francis, Exact Target / CoTweet
- Meghan Gill, 10gen
- Sebastian Gutierrez, DashingD3js.com
- Jeff Hammerbacher, Cloudera
- Gary Hoberman, MetLife
- Noah Iliinsky, IBM
- Joyce Kim, Revision 3
- Daniel Koffler, Rio Tinto Alcan
- Ben Lorica, O'Reilly Media
- Michael Loukides, O'Reilly Media
- Mark Madsen, Third Nature
- Roger Magoulas, O'Reilly Media
- Gideon Mann, Bloomberg
- Adam Marcus, Locu / GoDaddy
- Dave McCrory, Basho Technologies
- Elissa Murphy, GoDaddy
- Andrew Musselman, Accenture
- Paco Nathan, Zettacap
- Travis Oliphant, Continuum Analytics, Inc.
- Pamela Peele, UPMC
- Molly Rector, DataDirect Networks (DDN)
- Dan Roesch, Roesch & Associates LLC
- Bill Schmarz, EMC Consulting
- Randy Smerik, Osunatech, Inc.
- Pete Soderling, Hakka Labs
- Ann Spencer, O'Reilly Media
- M. C. Srivas, MapR Technologies, Inc.
- Jen van der Meer, Luminary Labs
- Dean Wampler, Typesafe
- Simon Wardley, Leading Edge Forum (CSC)
- Charles Zedlewski, Cloudera