OSCON Nonprofit Pavilion
Collaboration is the heart of open source. But O'Reilly knows that effective cooperation involves more than good technology; we also recognize the very human drive behind it. And we can think of no better example of the human need to collaborate—and the creative ways it can be done—than can be found in the countless nonprofits that work to better our community and world by using and promoting open source tools and technologies.
2014 Nonprofit Pavilion Organizations
We are excited to have the following organizations represented in the Expo Hall at OSCON this year:
We are once again hosting a Nonprofit Pavilion at OSCON as part of the Expo Hall. Due to increasing demand for participation in the Nonprofit Pavilion over the years, we've launched an application process for pavilion spaces. If you're a nonprofit organization that is using open source technologies to support your cause, mission, or community goals, we invite you to apply for a spot in the Pavilion.
The application process is now closed.
- (1) One counter-height table in the OSCON Expo Hall plus two chairs. (Note: this space does *not* include electrical power or internet access, however both are available for a fee.)
- (2) Booth Staff passes for booth personnel (includes Tuesday and Wednesday lunches)
- (1) OSCON 3-Day Pass (Tue-Thur)
- Logo, link, and 50-word description on oscon.com and in the OSCON event app
- Organizations are not required to be registered 501c3 to participate, however it is preferred
- Applying organizations must use their space solely to promote their organization or project, not any commercial business, product, or service
- Organizations chosen for the Nonprofit Pavilion must sign an exhibitor agreement/contract
- The online application must be completed by a representative of the organization no later than April 22
- This year, available space is limited to 26 nonprofits. Organizations will be selected by an internal OSCON committee and notified via email on or before May 6
- Once notified, organizations have 10 calendar days to confirm their participation or the space will be given away to another organization
- Please ensure that someone from your organization will be available to staff the table during Expo Hall hours. An empty table is not good for anyone
- In exchange for the complimentary space, we request that you help promote OSCON to your community. Our marketing team will provide further information about how to do this
- Application opens - March 26
- Applications due - April 22
- Organizations notified by - May 6