THIS TUTORIAL HAS REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS LISTED BELOW
Java EE 7 is now final. The platform focuses on boosting productivity, better meeting enterprise demands and embracing HTML5.
JAX-RS 2 adds a new client API to invoke RESTful endpoints. JMS 2 is undergoing a complete overhaul to align with improvements in the Java language. Long awaited batch processing and Java EE concurrency utilities are getting added to make the platform richer. A new API to build WebSocket driven applications is getting added. JSON parsing and generation is now included in the platform itself. JSF will add support for HTML5 forms. There are numerous other improvements coming with this latest version of the platform.
This hands-on lab will provide a comprehensive introduction to the updated Java EE 7 platform using GlassFish 4.
TUTORIAL REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATTENDEES
* Please bring your laptop along
* Please install the latest JDK 7 release or higher. You can download the JDK here.
* Please install the latest NetBeans Developer build. You can download the build here.
* Please install the latest GlassFish 4 promoted build. This link provides details about downloading GlassFish promoted builds: https://blogs.oracle.com/theaquarium/entry/downloading_latest_glassfish_4_promoted.
* Please read the material for the lab available here.
QUESTIONS for the speaker?: Use the “Leave a Comment or Question” section at the bottom to address them.
Reza Rahman is a former long-time independent consultant and now officially a Java EE/GlassFish evangelist at Oracle. He is a co-author of the popular book EJB 3 in Action. Rahman is a frequent speaker at Java User Groups and conferences worldwide, including JavaOne. He is an avid contributor to industry journals like Javalobby/DZone and TheServerSide, and has been a member of the Java EE, EJB and JMS expert groups. He implemented the EJB container for the Resin open source Java EE application server.
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at the conference, contact Sharon Cordesse at (707) 827-7065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View a complete list of OSCON contacts