For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at the convention, contact Sharon Cordesse at email@example.com
Download the OSCON Sponsor/Exhibitor Prospectus
View a complete list of OSCON contacts
You’ve seen a million best practice talks. In this session I’ll review mistakes that were made and lessons learned. Come laugh, groan, and cringe, as we review:
- When scope doesn’t just creep, it gallops
- Death sprints: the agile way to approach a death march
- Testing: how to do an abysmal job and how to do a good enough job to feel wildly overconfident. Bonus: how to make your software untestable!
- Configuration and database migrations (as if the code wasn’t hard enough)
- How to make operations hate you by requiring encyclopaedic knowledge to push out a release
Attendees will leave confident that they will never make these mistakes (again). They’ll make new and original ones instead.
Laura Thomson is a Senior Software Engineer at Mozilla Corporation on the web team, after spending much of the previous decade as a consultant and trainer on various Open Source technologies.
Laura is the co-author of “PHP and MySQL Web Development” and “MySQL Tutorial”. She is a veteran speaker at Open Source conferences world wide.
Comments on this page are now closed.