In this talk, we will present an introduction to the Tungsten Replicator, which provides open source, database-neutral replication. The Tungsten Replicator has unique capabilities that for solving problems that go well beyond the capabilities of existing open source replication such as built-in MySQL Replication. We will discuss and illustrate with examples the following:
• Proper handling of master failover in presence of multiple slaves (for high availability)
• Master/slave replication of one, some, or all databases
• MySQL statement and row replication
• Checksums on replication events
• Table consistency check mechanism
• Heterogeneous replication (for example MySQL to Oracle and vice versa)
• Filtering and transforming replicated data
• Multi-master via bi-directional replication with conflict resolution
• Proxying support to reduce or eliminate application changes.
Robert Hodges, CTO, brings over 20 years of experience in database and application engineering management. Prior to Continuent, he worked as a Senior Manager at Sybase and was a Director of Engineering at Portera.
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at the conference, contact Sharon Cordesse at email@example.com
Download the MySQL Sponsor/Exhibitor Prospectus
For media-related inquiries, contact Maureen Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay abreast of conference news and to receive email notification when registration opens, please sign up for the MySQL Conference newsletter.
View a complete list of MySQL contacts.